We are often asked about the REAL ESTATE MARKET in our six main local areas, which consist of the towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and Wasaga Beach; Clearview Township, and the Municipalities of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Let’s have a look at what the past 12 months looked like in each municipality, with statistics from our local Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS.® Today, let’s look at Grey Highlands.
Between December 5, 2016, and December 5, 2017, in Grey Highlands, there were:
- 158 Sales of Single Family Residences
- Average List Price was $498,751
- Average Sale Price was $484,083
- Total Sales Value of these 158 Sales was $76,485,155
- 22 of the 158 sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 13.9% of the total sales
- 26 of the 158 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 16.5% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Single Family Residence in Grey Highlands was $80,000 in February 2017.
- This was a 1900 sq.ft, 3 bedroom/1 bathroom, 2 storey home on a large lot in Feversham. This was a ‘handyman’s special,’ and was being sold by a bank under power of sale. The house was on well and septic and had a small barn.
- The highest sale price for a Single Family Residence in Grey Highlands was $2,500,000 in January 2017.
- This was a 9500+ sq.ft. luxury home with 7 bedrooms/7 bathrooms on well and septic, ideally located for panoramic views over Georgian Bay and the Beaver Valley. Built in 2013, this home had features such as leathered granite counters, a floor to ceiling fireplace, a guest ‘wing’, an 11 stall horse barn, and nature/horseback riding trails cut into its idyllic 100 acres.
- There was 1 Condominium sale in Grey Highlands during this period of time, and it was sold for $84,200. It was about 500 sq.ft. with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, near Kimberley.
Note: All statistics included are sales that were reported through Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® MLS® system.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg