We recently attended the annual panel of Planners session which is an opportunity for us to interact with municipal staff and planners about local planning initiatives and developments. We will give you a synopsis of each area over the next few weeks.
Today, we are summarizing the presentation made by Michael Wynia from the Township of Clearview which includes the built communities of Stayner, Creemore, Nottawa and New Lowell.
- Clearview has the largest amount of available and development designated land in Simcoe country
- There is lots of development activity underway including residential intensification in and around the Stayner area and, lots of non-residential development as well including an $80million proposed project around the airport and, a large development at the corner of Hwy 91 and 26
- Construction of Stayner servicing project is underway which will add capacity for about 5000 more units
- The servicing project will also increase capacity for industrial development in the Stayner area
- Clearview has one of the most comprehensive websites in the area with information on zoning by-laws, interactive mapping, application forms, planned developments and much more. Everything you ever wanted to know can be found on their website.
- They are also making use of social media and sharing information through special purpose blogs
- Some interesting projects underway; biodiversity project, Children’s Outdoor Charter, subdivision development and agricultural innovation to name a few.
- In addition to the increase in development in the area, they will also start a Stayner Downtown redevelopment project in 2015
All in all, my opinion is that Clearview has been very active and successful in breaking down silos of information between departments and in increasing transparency and sharing of information with the public. It appears to be on the cusp of a real upward trajectory of growth in all sectors. If properly managed, the future should be bright for this area municipality. Here is a look at the extent of area developments. Click on pictures to enlarge.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg