In December, we attended the annual panel of Planners session which is an opportunity for us to interact with municipal staff and planners about local planning initiatives and developments. Today we present the information provided by the Town of Collingwood.
The Official Plan update is needed to comply with the Provincial Growth Management Plan and it is currently sitting at the county. Some of the key items in the plan for Collingwood are that Collingwood currently has a population of about 21000 people with a target by 2031 of 33,400 people and 13,500 jobs. There is also a focus on supporting secondary suites in existing or new housing. For future developments, the intensification policies also support some increased densities.
Collingwood has averaged about 240 new units built per year over the last five years. 2014 is likely to come in below that average.
Plans currently under development:
– Red Maple 278 unit subdivision on the 10th Line just north of Georgian Meadows. Model home now under construction
– New industrial suites at 100 Pretty River Rd South (by Hume)
– Expansion to Living Waters building on Harbour Street
– Construction of Wyldewood Cove condominiums
– Ongoing planning around Balmoral Village Adult Lifestyle community
– Huntingwood Development potentially 170 townhome units on Hwy 26 east of Silvercreek Dr
Here is the last development uploaded by the Town showing the location of various developments. (Click photo to enlarge)
Related Posts in Planning Series:
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg