It’s no secret that the Lighthouse Point condominium development in Collingwood is one of my favourites. My mother and my mother-in-law both lived there and my uncle currently lives there. You know when I take the chance of putting my own family there, I really have to love it! So here are my top ten reasons…
• It has a nicely designed site plan with lots of green space
• Its location on the waterfront with lovely views, water access and a marina
• Close to town and on the bus route
• The Recreation Centre! This fabulous facility offers a large indoor pool with a water slide, well equipped exercise room, great play room with ping pong, air hockey and such and, a gorgeous, huge common room. Perfect place to spend bad weather days or to get in some fun.
• The trails and boardwalk
• Its better built than many others in its class
• Desirable in all four seasons with great views, quiet, safe and a great range of amenities outside too
• Real estate values have done comparatively well
• Some units have central gas heating and central air
• You can buy a newspaper from a box right on-site!
I just listed a lovely 2 bedroom, 2 full bath, upper level unit at a superb price of $194,900. I really mean that since nothing like this has sold below $195,000 in a very long time!
These original owners have maintained it to a tee and no detail has been spared. It has an efficient, hydronic heating system, central air, added attic insulation, updated broadloom, a gas fireplace, 5 appliances and includes 2 large, outside storage cupboards. If you’ve been thinking about purchasing a condo in the Collingwood area, then you really must see this.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg