According to INMAN – one of the Real Estate Industry’s leading source of real estate information – it’s all about the warm shades, simple fixtures and rugged textures, in 2018 Home Design Trends.
Predicted to be trendy for 2018, are:
- More colourful kitchens. While white will always be a favourite and classic kitchen colour, expect to see splashes of greys and blue in 2018’s hottest kitchens. Warming up those cool colours, warm wood tones will be making an appearance in kitchens this year.
- Warm, warmy, warm-warm. Warm colours are expected to be the ‘in’ thing this year, with reds, warm greys, and earthy shades of rust, brown-blacks, camel and even burnt yellow adding richness and sophistication to the whole home.
- Nix the white and stainless sinks. Warmer hues and texture-full concrete, stone, composite or copper sinks in deep greys, black or bronze will be all the rage.
- Florals are back in. Say it isn’t so! Think bold, over-sized, and high-contrast colours like teal and gold, or black and white.
- Vintage Lights. Look for vintage-style lighting fixtures to make a comeback this year in the kitchen or living room.
Think copper pendant lights.
- Trough style or bucket style sinks. Wide, deep, durable sinks. Keep the water in and go with the farmhouse style trends of 2018.
- Concrete. Never mind floors, or countertops – see it now in furniture, accessories and wallcoverings!
- Millwork details and feature walls. 2018 will see more of the shiplap movement, together with reclaimed boards and millwork panels. Look for these instead of paint and wallpaper in bedrooms.
- Wallpaper-Like Backsplash. Subway tiles = out. Tile that looks like wood, concrete, fabric, or wallpaper = in. Who knew?
- Modern Bedrooms: Casual and Calm. Serene-it-up with soft neutrals, delicate fabrics, simple functional, minimalistic pieces.
Paint Colours for 2018
“Caliente AF-290” is well, muy Caliente! According to Benjamin Moore: A vibrant, charismatic shade of red, Caliente is strong, radiant and full of energy. Follow the link here to see more of this palette.
Pantone, however, throws some shade with: a dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple, “PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet” communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us toward the future.” Follow this link here to read all about this Princely colour.