Every year, our Georgian Triangle Real Estate Board sponsors a popular seminar where they bring in the local planners to speak to REALTORS® about what is happening in our region. Anyone considering a real estate transaction should keep well informed so we thought it would be a good idea to share some of their points with you in this multi-part series.
Blue Mountains presented by Peter Toelefson:
o They are currently undertaking a Transportation Study in partnership with the Ministry of Transportation. For example, they are looking at access control along Highway 26 – the Ministry wants to limit access and the Town wants to do the opposite and instead slow traffic down to a more ‘small town feel.’ It may be closed off and rerouted eventually.
o They are currently updating their Zoning Bylaw.
o An improvement plan is about to begin for Thornbury and Clarksburg.
o They are beginning an Economic Development Strategy to enhance local opportunities, especially with the agricultural community.
o Their Official Plan is being updated re smart growth management.
o Clarksburg Servicing: there are federal dollars to help with this, but no provincial money. They are reapplying through a joint federal/provincial program. Regardless, it will be very EXPENSIVE to service Clarksburg.
o They’re going greener through an Integrated Community Sustainability Plan which focuses on waste, energy efficiency, water conservation and building and planning.
o When applying for permits, Peter recommends that the applicant meets first for a pre-consultation with him so he can give some guidance. Then, a full and complete application must be submitted, and a flow chart is available to help steer the applicant through the various requirements.
– the next phase of Lora Bay is underway – townhouses
– Trailwoods (10th Line) – building is underway
– Far Hills – now registered
– Old Apple Storage Site – demolished dilapidated building and building a medical centre and municipal parking lot (together with lands to the North of it)
– Horsepark – OP Application is in, site plan is next – they’re making a bid for Pan Am games
– Camperdown – Georgian Bay Golf Club –condos are under construction and on the ridge – Peaks Bay under construction
– Craigleith – Terrasan – old Easter Seals Camp – currently working with the concept of: mixed houses, seniors, residences, community trails, promenade, village shop, less autos, and very animated.
– Georgian Woodlands Phase III – has been designated, plan of subdivision being worked on
– Georgian International – new – working with Blue Mountain Resorts to build new lodge and want to expand the hills into that area as well – plan has a roundabout, wetlands, park, gateway. Proposal stage.
Incidentally, if you are interested in obtaining a copy of the summary of ALL developments underway or pending in the Blue Mountains as of the end of 2008, let me know and I can email it to you.
When it’s time to buy or sell real estate in the Collingwood, Blue Mountain or Georgian Triangle area, contact Marg, an experienced and competent Broker who’s ready whenever you are!
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg