The Planners Sessions 2019
A great and informative event for our real estate community each year, is the annual Planner’s Seminars for Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Clearview, Wasaga Beach and Meaford. The planner from Grey Highlands was unable to make it today.
This year, there seemed to be a common theme, and that was customer service. Each municipality touched on their efforts to improve their service to their clients (that’s you and me!) Websites have been enhanced or in the process of being enhanced, so that the consumer of planning information for their respective municipality is more readily available to the viewing public.
Each planner also undertook to be available in a reasonable amount of time to answer questions, however, most would prefer that more official requests be made (and a fee paid) for more complex enquiries.
This series will be in five parts – one part for each municipality: Meaford, Wasaga Beach, Clearview, The Blue Mountains and Collingwood. Today lets discover important information about Collingwood. Click here to go to the town of Collingwood website.
Town of Collingwood
Mark Bryan, Senior Planner
Collingwood is doing a review of the Official Plan, and stakeholders will be able to participate, so Mark advises to ‘stay tuned.’
Collingwood is facing incredible growth pressure – $248.2MM as of the end of Sept. (more than double the high year and tripled last year.)
*758 building permits taken out – 402 units to the end of September
*Which consisted of
- 161 Detached
- 6 Semi-detached
- 112 Townhomes
- 143 Apartments (Riverside Development)
- Shipyards Mackinaw Village Condo B & D– pretty much complete – 28 townhouse units
- Shipyards Mackinaw Village Condo E – 28 townhouse units under construction
- Riverside Townhouses – Under construction – 57 townhouses in total
- Mountaincroft – Final Phase under construction – 68 singles
- Balmoral Village – semis, towns, retirement home. Mostly completed. Apartment/mixed-use commercial residential blocks remain. There is an Official Plan amendment underway to allow 13 additional residential units.
- Eden Oak McNabb (Indigo Estates) – 376 units (256 single, 120 townhouses) with permits issued for approximately 160 singles and 2 blocks (12) townhomes
- Summit View – 406 units (233 singles, 173 townhomes) with about 40 units currently under construction
- Blue Fairway – Phases 1 and 2 are mostly complete; Phase 3 for 83 units (11 townhomes and 72 apartments) under construction
- Riverside Midrise – There will be 3 x four-storey buildings for a total of 156 apartment units. One building is currently under construction with 52 units. Construction has started on the two other buildings, which will house the remaining 104 units.
- Side Launch Two – 11 townhomes, beside the promenade, are under construction
- Monaco – 127 apartment units, plus ground floor commercial. Permits have been issued. Some work on the site is underway.
- Shipyards Harbourfront Collection – Permits issued for the first block of 3 units; 13 townhouse units in total.
- Pretty River Retirement Residence – 3 storey retirement home with 36 beds. Site works/clearing have started
- Red Maple – Subdivision draft approved, submitted for plan registration 278 units (131 singles and 147 townhomes)
- Mair Mills Villages (Panorama) – Rezoning for 319 units (130 singles and 189 townhomes)
- Trails of Collingwood – Rezoning for 255 units under review
- Perfect World – 3 x 6-storey mixed-use buildings (commercial and 80 apartments) OPA and Rezoning has been approved. Needed: Site plan approval.
- Mark noted that there are school blocks in both Panorama (Mair Mills) and Linksview (near Blue Mountain Golf Club) subdivisions
To view the Collingwood Residential Development Activity map, kindly click here.
Industrial / Commercial Development Update:
- Georgian Bay Biomedical: site servicing is underway for this 11,150 sq.m production and distribution facility.
- Van Dolder’s Industrial Subdivision – 3 vacant development blocks remain. The Van Dolder’s warehouse and showroom were completed on Block 1, and Sunbelt Rentals are now under construction on Block 6.
- Parkbridge National Headquarters – 3,276 sq.m. 2-storey office building
- Dunn Hotel (Holiday Inn Express) – 5,610 sq.m./93 guest room Holiday Inn and 2 office buildings with construction well underway.
- 360 Raglan – A.G. Designs – 560 sq.m. industrial building (with custom woodworking shop), construction is completed, with an addition pending. (OPA/ZBA in progress.)
- Living Waters – Phase 4 – this is a 5-storey hotel addition with 82 sq.m. internal amenity area (theatre) and 49 suites. Now under construction.
- 84 Hurontario The Regent – 4-storey mixed-use building with 12 apartments and 413 sq.m. ground floor commercial.
No STAs allowed in Collingwood – Hotels, Motels and BnB-owner occupied are (zoning permitting)
Mark commented that it is always a good thing to check to see if a property is under the jurisdiction of the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority (NVCA) – see map below.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg