Each year, local planners meet with the Membership of our SOUTHERN GEORGIAN BAY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® to review the past year and tell us about upcoming news for each municipality. For your reading pleasure, below is a summary of the planning presentation from TOWNSHIP OF CLEARVIEW.
Mara Burton, Director of Community Services gave us an update on Clearview:
- Ridgeview-Center Street: 88 single family residences
- Quebec Street: 7 single family and 24 semi-detached
- Stayner West (Aspen Ph.II): 64 Townhomes
- Ashton Meadows: 224 single family
- Dancor, Stayner: 995 Units which are comprised of single family residences, semis, townhomes, apartments with a commercial block
- Emerald Creek, Stayner: 200 units – single family, semis, townhomes, apartments
- new Clearview Garden Estates: retirement home, long term care facility, commercial building with residences overlooking a man-made lake
- McIntosh: 73 Condos in 3 buildings in Creemore
- Clearview Aviation Draft Plan
- Esso on the Go with Tim Hortons and Pizza Pizza at Cashtown and Sunnidale
- Commercial at the old Stayner Burger (Hwy 26 at Montreal Street)
- Huron Tractor at Cashtown Corners
2017 Initiatives include downtown improvement, official plan update, simplification of the zoning bylaw, and an Eco Bark Park
Yes! Accessory Apartments are allowed in single detached residences with some requirements. In rural zones, the accessory apartment can be in the building or can be detached from the building, with some requirements to be met. Garden Suites, and Granny flats could be permitted in Agricultural or Rural zones, but they require a Temporary Use Bylaw (a legal agreement allowing for occupancy for a finite amount of time, and with security for removal of the suite.)
Solar and Wind Energy: Regulated under the Green Energy Act, however, Clearview has policies in place as well.
Backyard Chickens: 4 hens are allowed.
Public Transit – Clearview has public transit now, and you can click here for a link to the schedule – runs every day but Christmas and New Years, and costs $2.00 per rider (under 4 years of age ride free.)
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg