Each year, local planners meet with the Membership of our SOUTHERN GEORGIAN BAY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® to review the past year and tell us about upcoming news for each municipality. For your reading pleasure, here is a summary of the planning presentation from each municipality.
TOWN OF COLLINGWOOD PLANNERS: An update was given by Nancy Farrer, Director of Planning Services, and Mark Bryan, Community Planner.
Developments: a review
- Silver Glen – finishing up over next 1-2 years, under construction
- Blue Fairway – 180 Townhouses, 83 homes, under construction
- Balmoral – 46 singles, 50 towns, 50 apartments plus a retirement home, under construction
- Shipyards – next phase
- Linksview Development has been appealed to the OMB (600 units)
- Riverside Town Homes and Riverside Mid-rise block – 150 apartments
- Charleston (across from Mountain Croft) – 233 singles, 86 semis and 87 towns)
- Mackinaw Village – 28 townhomes
- McNabb Farm Subdivision (Eden Oak ) (by Lockhart) just going to council
- Regional Commercial District (under review)
- French Catholic School – Findlay Drive – under construction (Notre Dame de la Huronie)
- Georgian Bay Bio Medical, under review
Accessory Apartments: Bylaw 2010-040 (see section 4.40)
Interest in accessory apartments is growing, and is permitted. They are also allowed in semi-detached and townhomes, however the Planner cautioned that attention needs to be paid to driveways re parking. (For information on accessory buildings use the above link to the Bylaw and go to section 4.31. For information on accessory apartments, use the above link and go to section 4.40.)
Nancy Farrer spoke about the Provincial Growth Plan – which encourages intensification and smaller dwelling units. The province wants us to be more efficient with the cost of land. They project 33,400 in population by 2031, and the Provincial Growth Plan targets are 50 people/jobs/hectare of land.
Natural Heritage Policies: mapping has been updated, and EP is part of the official plan.
Highlights were given of the Waterfront MasterPlan, which when accepted would include trails, skating rink, and marina.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg