As a result of the merger of our real estate board with the Midland board, the stats have been a little late coming this month. Somehow I doubt that has caused any of you too much grief.
July continued to be a strong month in the local Collingwood and area real estate market with lots of activity, showings, offers and sales.
I’ve noticed a few trends. One is that the urban town centers such as Collingwood, Wasaga Beach and Stayner have a concentration of demand compared to more rural or outlying areas. Secondly, there is still strong price sensitivity in the market. Over-priced properties languish on the market while properties priced at or near fair market value are selling in most areas.
- The total number of single family residential sales in July surpassed every previous month and continues to set new sales levels.
- There were 51 condo sales last month with sale prices ranging from $100,000 to $454,000. This is a jump from the 35 condo sales we saw in the area in June.
- Collingwood was the strong performer in July with a rare situation where there were exactly as many sales as there were new listings. The inventory continues to be tight against demand resulting in price increases.
- There were some decreases in the number of sales over July 2013 in some areas but nothing notable suggesting continued stability in the marketplace.
- Based on total inventory of single family homes for sale versus the number of sales, Meaford, Clearview and Town of the Blue Mountains have the lowest sales-to-listing ratio and are still experiencing buyer’s market conditions with the exception of Stayner.
- Wasaga Beach and Grey Highlands are approaching balanced market conditions with strong results in July.
- Collingwood has the tightest listing inventory and is in seller’s market conditions for most types of homes.
- The 12 month average sale prices are up in most areas and that trend is expected to continue.
- There were 20 sales in July over the $1 million dollar mark representing the top 10% of the market.
Note: All statistics obtained from the Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® Real Estate Board
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg