We are often asked about the REAL ESTATE MARKET in our six main local areas, which consist of the towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and Wasaga Beach; Clearview Township, and the Municipalities of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Let’s have a look at what the past 12 months looked like in each municipality, with statistics from our local Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS.® Today, let’s look at The Blue Mountains.
Between December 5, 2016, and December 5, 2017, in The Blue Mountains, there were:
- 177 Sales of Condominiums
- Average List Price was $325,123
- Average Sale Price was $320,846
- Total Sales Value of these 177 Sales was $56,789,806
- 26 of the 177 sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 14.7% of the total sales
- 35 of the 177 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 19.8% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Condominium in The Blue Mountains was $109,500 in April 2017.
- This was a 415 square foot, furnished studio apartment style condo in the Grand Georgian, at the Village at Blue Mountain.
- The highest sale price for a Condominium in The Blue Mountains was $925,000 in January 2017.
- This was a 5 Bedroom/4 Bathroom Chalet style, detached condo, with 3600 of finished square feet, high-end appliances, soaring ceilings, lots of wood finishing, near Alpine Ski Club, sold turnkey.
Note: All statistics included are sales that were reported through Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® MLS® system.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg