With the first quarter of 2011, now complete, here is a basic review of the real estate market in the 6 key areas of the Georgian Triangle including Collingwood, Blue Mountain, Meaford, Wasaga Beach, Clearview and Grey Highlands.
- There were 155 sales reported on the Georgian Triangle MLS® in the month of March 2011 including 136 residential units, 9 farms, 6 vacant land parcels and 4 commercial properties.
- Condominium sales in the six key areas of the Georgian Triangle are almost identically to the first quarter of 2010 with 65 units sold year-to-date at an average sale price of $248,027.
- The number of parcels of vacant land sold in the area in the first quarter are down substantially over 2010. Could this be due to weather conditions?
- The number of single family families sold in the six key areas is down slightly with 219 units sold in the first quarter of 2011 versus 239 in 2010 Q1.
- Year-to-date average residential sale price is up 11.1% over last year reflecting the continued strength of the upper tier market (sales over $500,000).
As reported in the National Post, prices for resale Canadian homes rose more than expected in January, according to the Teranet-National Bank Composite House Price Index. House prices were up about 0.4% in January exceeding economic forecasts of a 0.1% increase in house prices. Prices were up 0.5% in Toronto, 0.9% in Vancouver, 0.4% in Halifax and 0.3% in Montreal. House prices dropped 1.0% in Calgary and 0.6% in Ottawa.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg