The new Balmoral development in Collingwood’s west end has broken ground as the site is prepared for servicing. The development is billed as an “age-in-place” lifestyle community for those adults who are 55 and over. The master plan for the community includes five different aspects of housing choices as well as an 8000 Sq. Ft. recreation centre and, a future medical/wellness and commercial centre for the development.
The first phase will include 35 semis and townhomes with prices starting from $299,990 and the Grand Opening is this Saturday, April 30th at 10 am.
They recently sent out the following information about their of their upcoming plans:
- Website and New Brochure: We have updated our website and you can view our housing choices at www.balmoralvillage.ca
- Phase I by Royalton Homes: This initial phase of semi-detached bungalows and bungalow townhomes can be seen on our website Site Plan. We are excited about the great home designs offered by Royalton Homes. You can review more details re floor plans and renderings at www.royaltonhomes.com
- Retirement Block: This Block consists of a 127 Suite Retirement Residence, the Recreation Centre and Clubhouse and a block of 49 one and two bedroom rental apartments. Footings for the Retirement Block buildings will be going in this month and we expect the rental apartment building will be completed by late Fall of 2016. The MTCO Seniors Group is building and operating this block and they have extensive experience in the Retirement Segment.
- Condominium Block: We have planned this Block to include two five storey buildings with 53 and 56 one and two bedroom condominium units, with underground parking. We have tentative floor plans for the 53 unit North Building. The one bedroom units are approximately 900 sq. ft and the two bedroom units 1200 sq. ft. We will not have information finalized on the condo block for a few months, but you can put a fully refundable reservations deposit on a unit type and floor choice at the Balmoral Sales Centre.
- Medical/Wellness Commercial Centre: This Block, which is situated parallel to Harbour Street, is planned for 2017. All the proposed medical services are outlined on our website and in our new brochure.
Based on the number of enquiries I’ve had about this development over the past 18 months, I suspect it will be a big success as it’s the right product at the right time in our marketplace.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg