We are often asked about the REAL ESTATE MARKET in our six main local areas, which consist of the towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and Wasaga Beach; Clearview, Township, and the Municipalities of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Let’s have a look at what the past 12 months looked like in each municipality, with statistics from our local Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS.® Today, let’s look at the town of Wasaga Beach.
Between December 5, 2016, and December 5, 2017, in Wasaga Beach,
- 601 Sales of Single Family Residences
- Average List Price was $414,358
- Average Sale Price was $411,164
- Total Sales Value of these 601 Sales was $247,109,684
- 73 of the 601 sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 12.2% of the total sales
- 155 of the 601 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 25.8% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Single Family Residence in Wasaga Beach was $47,000. in December 2016.
- This was a 890 sq.ft. modular/mobile home on leased land, near a private beach area with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom.
- The highest sale price for a Single Family Residence in Wasaga Beach was $1,195,000 in April 2017.
- This was a custom, 3700+ sq.ft. stone home, with 5 bedrooms/3 bathrooms on 1.69 acres of ‘protected’ land; grand entry, high ceilings, 5(!) walkouts, 3.5 car garage, generator, Chef’s kitchen, granite, travertine and luxury galore.
- 49 Sales of Condominiums
- Average List Price was $327,071
- Average Sale Price was $322,059
- Total Sales Value of these 49 Sales was $15,780,900
- 5 of the 49 sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 10.4% of the total sales
- 9 of the 49 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 18.8% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Condominium in Wasaga Beach was $168,000 in December 2016
- This was a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom, 2 storey, 728 sq.ft end unit, with some upgrades on municipal services
- The highest sale price for a Condominium in Wasaga Beach was $455,000 in November 2017
- This was a newer 2 storey condo in the east end of town, with vaulted ceilings, upgrades, built-ins, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, granite counters and 1716 sq.ft. of living space.
Note: All statistics included are sales that were reported through Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® MLS® system.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg