We are often asked about the REAL ESTATE MARKET in our six main local areas, which consist of the towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and Wasaga Beach; Clearview Township, and the Municipalities of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Let’s have a look at what the past 12 months looked like in each municipality, with statistics from our local Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS.® Today, let’s look at The Blue Mountains.
Between December 5, 2016, and December 5, 2017, in The Blue Mountains, there were:
- 228 Sales of Single Family Residences
- Average List Price was $847,151
- Average Sale Price was $815,559
- Total Sales Value of these 228 Sales was $185,947,468
- 20 of the 228 sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 8.8% of the total sales
- 44 of the 228 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 19.3% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Single Family Residence in The Blue Mountains was $228,000 in June 2017.
- This was a dated, 1,000 square foot home on a large lot in Redwing on well and septic, with a metal roof, wood exterior, some renovations, heated by a wood fireplace and partial basement.
- The highest sale price for a Single Family Residence in The Blue Mountains was $3,350,000 in September 2017.
- This was a custom, 7500 sq.ft. stone chalet, 5 bedrooms/6 baths near the Craigleith/Alpine ski clubs, steeped in luxury, exposed beams, 17-foot ceilings, exquisite finishing and a 180-degree view of Georgian Bay.
Note: All statistics included are sales that were reported through Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® MLS® system.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg