We are often asked about the REAL ESTATE MARKET in our six main local areas, which consist of the towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and Wasaga Beach;
Clearview Township, and the Municipalities of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Let’s have a look at what the past 12 months looked like in each municipality, with statistics from our local Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS.® Today, let’s look at Municipality of Meaford.
Between December 5, 2016, and December 5, 2017, in the Municipality of Meaford, there were:
- 203 Sales of Single Family Residences
- Average List Price was $437,727
- Average Sale Price was $422,530
- Total Sales Value was $85,773,590
- 27 of the 203 Sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 13.3% of the total sales
- 42 of the 203 Sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 20.7% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Single Family Residence in Municipality of Meaford was $85,000 in July 2017.
- This was a 1.5 storey, 2 bedroom/1 bathroom, 1200 sq.ft. home on municipal water and septic; needing someone with vision to fix it up. It was on a huge lot at the edge of Meaford.
- The highest sale price for a Single Family Residence in Municipality of Meaford was $1,777,000 in April 2017
- Built in mid-1800’s, this 4000+ sq.ft.home on 100 acres, gave us all the feels, with large entertaining spaces, great room with fireplace, original wood floors, reproduction deep trim, country kitchen, a pond with water features, a gazebo for appreciating the 3600 views of Georgian Bay and the Niagara Escarpment.
- 14 Sales of Condominiums in Meaford
- Average List Price was $221,536
- Average Sale Price was $219,700
- Total Sales Value of these 3 Sales was $3,075,800
- 0 of the 14 sales sold AT its list (asking) price, which represents 0% of the total sales
- 4 of the 14 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 28.6% of the total sales
- The lowest sale price for a Condominium in Meaford was $70,000 in December 2016.
- Believe it or not, this sale price was OVER the asking price of this apartment style condo, which was a modest 470 sq.ft., with 1 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, renovated, located in walking distance to much of Meaford’s town, and had the bonus of being located above a restaurant! Municipal services.
- The highest sale price for a Condominium in Meaford was $361,500 in April 2017.
- This townhouse style condo also sold for more than it’s asking price and was a 1300 square foot, 3 bedroom/2 bath condo overlooking Meaford’s awesome harbour and river. This unit had outdoor and garage parking, extra storage and was an end unit, on municipal services.
Note: All statistics included are sales that were reported through Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® MLS® system.