We are often asked about the REAL ESTATE MARKET in our six main local areas, which consist of the towns of Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, and Wasaga Beach; Clearview Township, and the Municipalities of Meaford and Grey Highlands.
Let’s have a look at what the past 12 months looked like in each municipality, with statistics from our local Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS.® Today, let’s look at Collingwood.
Between December 5, 2016, and
December 5, 2017, in Collingwood, there were:
- 340 Sales of Single Family Residences
- Average List Price was $526,111.24, and
- Average Sale Price was $518,814.81
- Total Sales Value of these 340 sales was $176,397,034.
- 36 of the 340 sales sold AT their list (asking) price, which represents 10.6% of the total sales
- 80 of the 340 sales sold for MORE than their list (asking) price, which represents 23.5% of the total sales
- The lowest Single Family Residential sale price in Collingwood was $196,000 in August of 2017.
- This was a cute, older, cottage style home on Collingwood’s east side of town, 2 minutes walk to Georgian Bay. 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 910 sq.ft., on a 75’ x 138’ lot.
- The highest Single Family Residential sale price in Collingwood was $3,600,000. In January of 2017.
- This was a 3 bedroom, 5 bathroom home built in the mid-80’s, 7000 sq.ft. of living space, luxury, waterfront home on Collingwood’s west side.
Note: All statistics included are sales that were reported through Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS® MLS® system.