My friend and top notch REALTOR®, Chuck Charlton in Milton, both encouraged me, filmed and edited this quick video about my take on life in Collingwood. Despite having had a fever, I clearly had lots to say. Hope you enjoy!
For those who prefer to read, here’s the scoop.
1. The Location.
– centre of the universe and a slice of heaven.
– easy 90 minutes from the Toronto airport or from Muskoka.
– few minutes to the largest fresh water beach in the world or the sixth most skied hill in the country
2. It’s beautiful.
– We’re a waterfront town with tree-lined streets,
– lots of parks and a view of a mountain. Well okay, it’s not exactly what you might call a mountain but hey, it’s our mountain and that’s what we call it.
3. The people.
– Folks here come from all walks of life and all age groups.
– They are friendly and relaxed.
– They stop to let you jay walk across the street and wave when you do.
– There are no crowds … well maybe when Elvis or Wakestock come to town.
4. It’s compact.
– get anywhere in town fast.
– Have a lunch date at noon? No problem getting there in five minutes and no line-ups.
– great little transit system,
– superb walking and biking trails
– ride a horse around if you really wanted to.
– OMG, there is so much to do and much of it is free!
– There are events, festivals, markets, clubs, sports, arts and culture, skiing and beaches nearby … really, this is a 4 season playground that is unmatched in the province and perhaps the country.
6. Shopping and Services.
– Like WalMart? We got one.
– Hate WalMart? Visit the local shops in our historic downtown.
– The best LCBO vintages section, several grocery stores, a Cineplex theatre, a hospital, wellness centres and ahhhh… La Scandinave spa is pure bliss.
– We have a farmer’s market and soon, a new food co-op is opening. Yay!
7. The Homes.
– From condos to towns, to burbs to gracious mansions, we’ve got everything you could imagine and then some. Yes, that is a cow statue on the front lawn.
8. Drinking Water.
– Collingwood has the best drinking water, bar none, straight out the tap.
– It’s all about this thing called a Zenon filtration plant. Trust me, we have the best.
9. You quickly feel at home.
– First, your city friends will be up visiting every week-end and then they’ll just move here too.
– you’ll also get to know your neighbours and the shop keepers will call you by name.
– There are huge social networks that welcome you.
– Your kids teachers will be your neighbours.
– You can have an idea for a new project or a new event or a better way and then, you can make it happen in a town like this.
10. It’s Authentic.
-When we see people in suits and ties, we crack up. Nobody here wears them anymore.
– And no one cares where your shoes come from (except for Harry).
You can meet the farmer that grows your food.
The sunsets are more vivid, the air is cleaner and, as corny as it sounds, your neighbours will still lend a hand or a cup of sugar.
PS Thanks Chuck!
It’s always a pleasure to meet new people and to assist them in meeting their real estate goals. If you would like to schedule a buyer or seller consultation with me, please feel free to contact me anytime at 705-446-1762 or send me an email.
Marg Scheben-Edey is a Broker with RE/MAX four seasons realty limited, Brokerage in beautiful Collingwood, ON. With three decades of experience, Marg is a leader in the local real estate marketplace and is ready to help guide both Buyers and Sellers in achieving their real estate goals. Email Marg